In Optimal Human Performance, we ask what is performance psychology? We explore the factors impacting performance and how you can effectively manage challenging conditions and produce your best. Drawing on established and contemporary scientific research, amongst others, we explore the following influencing aspects of human performance;
- Emotion & Response
- Cognition & Perception
- Memory & Decision Making
- Purposeful & Deliberate Practice
- Grit, Mental Toughness & Resilience
- Physiology, Nutrition & Recovery
Who Is This Book For?
I wrote Optimal Human Performance to offer a condensed account of our understanding of how humans behave under stress of competition. It is a science-backed summary of the psychology of human performance that will give athletes, business people, artists, performers and coaches an edge in the ultra-competitive realm of high performance.
You may be merely starting out, you may be some way down the road, or indeed you may be experienced. Regardless, if you have not yet reached the heights of your field, then Optimal Human Performance can help you get there.
The book is designed for practitioners and their coaches and draws on trusted academic sources. No matter whether you are a writer or artist, corporate executive or manager, or an athlete partaking in individual or group sports, Optimal Human Performance will assist you to reach elite levels of performance.
What’s In The Book?
Optimal Human Performance expands on the free course and consists of a preface, an introduction, 7 core chapters, 2 bonus chapters and a conclusion. Your purchase downloads include an ebook version of the book in PDF, ePub and Mobi versions. Chapters are as follows;
- Preface: Why This Book Was Written
- Introduction: The Psychology of Performance
- Chapter One: The Brain And Nervous System
- Chapter Two: What Is Perception & Attention?
- Chapter Three: Creative Problem Solving & Performance
- Chapter Four: How Memory Works in Performance
- Chapter Five: Effects of Stress on Performance
- Chapter Six: Decision Making in Performance
- Chapter Seven: Deliberate Practice in Performance
- Bonus Chapter 1: Maslow on Peak Experience
- Bonus Chapter 2: How To Know You're In Flow
- Conclusion: How To Apply These Principles
Optimal Human Performance is an introduction to the basic tools of mental preparation and execution that every performer, no matter the domain of work, needs to master in order to produce elite-level performance under pressure.